The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of those areas to which he / she is assigned.
Basic literacy. Able to use cleaning supplies and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines. Able to prioritize tasks and work efficiently with minimal supervision. Valid driver’s license.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties: (60% of performance rating):
1. Dust surfaces in all common areas and President / CEO office
2. Vacuum common areas daily and shampoo carpets as needed
3. Sweeps and mops floors
4. Cleans all bathrooms and windows in assigned area..
5. Straightens furniture as needed in common areas and Heritage Room and Conference Room
6. Completes heavy seasonal cleaning
7. Restocks paper and hygiene products as necessary
8. Assists with set up / take down and clean up for special events
9. Performs special tasks assigned by Facilities Director and/or Supervisor of
Related Duties: (20% of performance rating)
1) Recognize potential problems and initiate action to avoid them.
2) Promotes the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process by identifying opportunities for improvement
3) Effectively prioritizes job tasks for maximum productivity.
4) Performs special projects as assigned by the Manager of Buildings & Grounds.
5) Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.