1. Opens mail through automated opener; opens mail manually, when necessary.
2. Sorts, preps, and counts claims for imaging.
3. Prepares batches for scanning by batch type, including placement of patch pages.
4. Prepares x-rays for imaging by bar-coding; identifies x-rays that are to be returned to providers and divides x-rays into proper category for filing.
5. Scans prepared claim batches into Optical Character Recognition system for claims processing; Scans prepared customer service documents into system for processing.
5. Collects and meters outgoing mail; prepares/ships packages and mail using appropriate vendor and cost center; verifies that items are addressed correctly, marked with the proper postage, and in suitable condition for processing.
6. Separates and delivers incoming mail, packages, and inter office mail by individual.
7. Files and purges claims and customer service documents according to department guidelines.
8. Assists Claims Department with OCR processing and/or claims processing worklist, as needed or when mail volume is low.
9. Assists other departments with fulfillment jobs and other projects/tasks, as needed.