SUMMARY OF FUNCTION: The Maintenance Worker III is responsible for helping to preserve a safe, healthy, cost-effective environment under the supervision of the Director of Facilities.
ORGANIZATIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(20% of performance rating)
1. Supports the mission, vision and philosophy of Maryhurst as evidenced by compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
2. Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
3. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others as evidenced by: professional maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
4. Exhibits effective communication skills including proper use of agency communication systems.
5. Participates in appropriate professional development programs to attain and maintain competency.
6. Exhibits sound stewardship by effectively managing financial resources, information resources, and physical resources to achieve the objectives of Maryhurst.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties: (60% of performance rating):
1. Performs semiskilled or skilled task in one or more trades or skilled areas such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC. Certification preferred.
2. Repairs furniture, fixtures and minor equipment.
3. Painting – interior and exterior.
4. Completes Maintenance Work Orders as directed.
5. Attends to areas that require routine upkeep and repair, as needed.
6. Mows lawns, completes other basic landscaping tasks (i.e. trims bushes, picks up limbs and branches, etc.)
7. Removes trash.
8. Clears snow.
9. Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
Related Duties: (20% of performance rating)
1) Pursues professional development in job related areas.
2) Recognize potential problems and initiate action to avoid them.
3) Promotes the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) process by identifying opportunities for improvement
4) Effectively prioritizes job tasks for maximum productivity.
5) Responds to emergency calls during non-business hours and determines corrective measures.
6) Performs special projects as assigned by the Manager of Buildings & Grounds.
7) Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Must be at least 20 years of age.
2. Must be able to legally work in the United States
3. Must be available for local, state, and national travel as required.
4. Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen.
5. Successful completion of a background check.
6. Successful completion of a TB test or proof of a negative chest X-ray.
7. High School diploma or GED preferred.
8. Minimum of one year’s experience in the field of maintenance and/or construction.
9. Basic knowledge of building maintenance techniques, plumbing, HVAC, electrical systems, and grounds maintenance.
10. Able to use hand tools and construction equipment.