Warehouse 1st shift
Has overall responsibility for receiving and processing incoming materials, moving materials within warehouse, picking and filling orders from inventory, packing and shipping orders. Verifies the inventory quantity and assists in inventory level maintenance. Maintains complete paperwork. Operates warehouse equipment in a safe manner. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform shipping and receiving, unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in shipping area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Operate Fork Truck and Pallet Jack equipment
- Open bales, crates and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat; Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Wear the proper safety equipment
Should demonstrate good written and oral communication skills. Good organizational, time management and mathematical skills are important. Fork Truck operating experience and license required. Dependable and Reliable. Inventory, barcode scanning, equipment maintenance, data entry and basic computer skills required.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions